From Bionic, who has lovely drawings up right now that her wife did. Maybe once the gf and I are wed, she’ll do such things for me? Hmmm… Maybe not.
Anyway, a list – my fave! The rule is one word only. Yikes.
Your Mother: compassionate
Your Father: kind
Fav Food: popcorn
Dream Last Night: funny
Fav Drink: whiskey
What room are you in?: living
Where were you last night?: home
Something that you aren’t: pregnant
Wish List Item: fence
Where you grew up: home
What you are wearing: second-hand
Your Pet: perfect
Something you’re not wearing: underpants*
Fav Store: IY
Fav Color: orange
Last time you laughed: morning
Your Best Friend: loves
Best Place you go over and over: bed
Person who you email regularly: LB
Fav Place to Eat: home
*haha! I am the same as Bionic!
I’m finding tagging hard to follow up, but Hard Girl is it. Get on, girl.
My internet is working! Whee! Hence, I had a perfect skype date with the Girl Scouter, which was better than therapy, and I got to read real, live blogs! Which let me in on the secret that I was tagged for a meme! I’m still junior-high enough that being tagged makes me all squeal-y and full of exclamation points! EEEEEE! They like me! And by they, I mean the queen of the two-for-one deal, Bionic. Go on ahead with your bad self, babe – log your lunch for me. You know I love it.
Ok, ok. I haven’t done a meme in a while. Hell, I haven’t blogged in a while. Do y’all even read any more? So let me put the rules up first, because I heart rules. Ooo! Ima put them in a list – what’s better than a list *and* rules? Nothing, that’s what.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Copy the award and paste it to your blog.
- Tell us 7 interesting facts about yourself.
- Nominate 7 bloggers that you love and link to their blog.
Now, to think of seven moderately interesting things… umm…..hang on, I’m thinking. Shoot. This shit is hard. Ok, here we go.
- My internet connection prowess is for shit. This is not even remotely interesting, let alone moderately, but I am telling you anyway because it makes me crazy. For example, while I was typing that last sentence, it went out. And now is back on again. Save early, save often, as my father says. And it’s out again. Lord.
- I buy two different kinds of cat food – fancy, local organic full-of-meat kind and generic, mass produced, full-of-filler kind – and then I mix them. But will I feed my cats canned food? No. Too much trouble. Do I feel stupid and guilty about this? Yes.
- Above my bed, thumb-tacked over a handwritten copy of Emily Dickenson’s poem about hope, is a copy of the u/s picture from when I was pregnant. It’s not a picture of a baby to me, but I just can’t take it down.
- I still do not fully understand how to make use of WordPress and it’s media options. Also, I do not have a working camera. I miss having lots of pictures on my blog.
- My chickens are producing 3 or 4 eggs a day. And a lot of poo.
- I have a great deal of follistim in my fridge. Because the IVP is full of kind and generous people, some of whom do not have blogs (ahem, Lizzie). To whom I think I still owe some shipping money.
- I love my job. I don’t blog about it when it’s bad, so there’s no way for y’all internet peopleto know just how mother-fucking bad it was last year. Now now that’s it good, I’ll run on a little. My job is so great. So, so great. My kids are great, my assistant and my intern are great, my families are great, my classroom is beautiful…. on and on and on. It’s so great. And I’m on vacation this week. Heh.
Yikes, now I have to pick seven bloggers…. all without a fucking internet connection. Why, internet? Why? Why do you hate me? Why must you keep me from my internet peeps? Why?
Ok, I’ll just make this next list (3 lists in one post!) Full O’ Links later. When the internet starts cooperating. I love speaking of the internet as if it were a real thing.
If you are on this list, you must participate. Even if you rarely, hardly ever, really not even ever blog anymore. Ahem. Yes, I mean you.
- Tay at feyac blurk, who is also T of Tuesday Fame around here. Because you need to see her photography.
- Car Free With Kids. Because they are living my fantasy life. In which I not only give up my car, but I also know how to ride a bike. And in which I have kids.
- It’s taken me this long, but I finally got with the program and figured out where to find the best dressed blogger in town. (Now, let’s hope she talks about cars, too.)
- My dear and equally well dressed friend A. Because she and the Sartorial Butch should be friends.
- Chicory. Because we love her. That’s the royal we, y’all. And because she’s good at noticing what’s good in her world as we all should be.
- I think she doesn’t blog anymore, but I am still crushed out: Wake Up Naked.
- And of course, LB. It’s not a life without her.
Good lord. I need to update my blog roll.
Here we are – sans stripper, without crotchless panties – waiting to have a “Bachelorette” party for my most locally famous blogger/RL friend – Wistar Watts Murry. The Plan, made up by the KP and me, was to break in to her blog and have all us guests write some little something (and by little, I mean dirty) for her.
Alas, when we tried to break into her blog – via passwords like “darren4eva” and “iheartkittens77” – we were met with failure. So here we are, as I said. Imagine me jumping out of a virtual cake. Ok, actually, that’s the KP jumping out of the virtual cake. Don’t tell me you’re surprised.
The Guest of Honor (heh) is due to arrive on the arm of her ever-charming fiance, the BBF. He’s cute. You can take it from me.
Huh. So much for a picture – it’s really dark in here.
Hey, it’s Jennifer. I just took a picture of myself that Meghan thinks somehow looks prettyish. Hmmm? Here ya go:
Wistar, when are you going to get here to your surprise party. You’re 19 minutes late already. And we are getting dronk. I asked Christos to jump out of a cake, but he said if I can’t make it to the wedding how can I jump out of a cake. Good point. I will jump out of a tiramisu when you arrive. I swear. I did a lot of cutting and pasting of DoDo from your Flickr gallery and I hope you approve. I love you.
MMS and MRM and MLM here. Stupid first letter matching, Murrays suck.
MLM missed the photo shoot, lucky her.
Miller made Merrill cry. But she’s OK now. SSSHHHHH here comes Wistar!
Word is she’s been eating sushi. Mil and Meig had pasta six hours ago with kiddos. So pleased Lang is here, she’s the best.
Are they really coming right now or is this a joke? Somebody recommended we hide in the bathroom. We should have established this plan before 8:32.
Starrhillgirl needs to go to bed, I hope they hurry up. More “let’s pop out” from Jennifer. Should we say “happy birthday” or “happy easter” or “surprise” oh goodness this is stressful. They are walking soooo slowly. Wis must be wasted..
get down get down get down what are we saying 123 surprise!
***Let’s take note that Wistar actually said “EEEEEEE” when we all yelled.*****
Wis is here, whew. Never looked better.
There is a lot of lady up in here! I want to Wish W.W. M all the luck in the world.
P.S. call me when you are ready for a girl on girl affair.
Crap. The fine, fine ladies over at Reproducing Genius nominated me for an award (They like me! They think I’m funny! I’d have a beer with them, too!) and I am just now getting it together to follow up with my own.
But see my award?
So god damn late, as per usual. Welcome to Starrhill, where there is no time. Maybe crap was the wrong way to start this post….
Anyway. I’ve now waited so long to do this, many of the people I love have been nominated already. Crap. (Good lord, I said it again. What’s with the potty mouth these days?)
Let’s do my local girls first, ‘kay?
- cho-girl, natch, although she hasn’t posted all summer long. Ahem.
- Elsie, of Dianthus, because she can get more done in the pre-noon hours than anyone else in the whole world.
- the Crazytown kids, because honestly I don’t think anyone loves Virginia as much as LB and I.
- Wistar, who is a) funny and b) a famous blogger. Yes, I know her and yes, you can touch me.
And some internet folks:
- Bri at Unwellness, because she was my blog cherry and because every time she comments here I get all squeal-y, like a kid in a candy shop. Plus, fucking cute kid.
- the injector, who is honestly one of my heroes. Honestly. Be radical and kind like she is and we’ll all be winners. Do it. (And she has sunglasses just like me! We are twins!)
- Qweird Utah. Funny as shit. And she knows Chicory IRL, so I want to touch her. Not inappropriately. I swear!
Oneofhismoms was right, this is totally a meme and I’ve fucked it up by nominating folks who are amazingly unlikely to nominate anyone else (which is what they are supposed to do). But hey, I love them anyway. And you will, too. I swear.
Stolen, shamelessly, from Jude:
Q. What is your wallpaper on your computer?
the view from the front porch
Q. How many televisions you have in your house?
Q. Are you right-handed or left-handed?
Q. Have you ever had anything removed from your body?
Polly the Possible
Q. What is the last heavy item you lifted?
T’s kid Frank
Q. Have you ever been knocked out?
Q. If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?
Q. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
it used to be Cynthia when I was a kid, but now I don’t really care to change my name
Q. What color do you think looks best on you?
ummmm……. who knows?
Q. Have you ever swallowed a non-food item?
Q. Would you kiss a member of the same sex for $100?
wellllllll….. sure (heh)
Q. Would you allow one of your little fingers to be cut off for $200,000?
Q. Would you never blog again for $50,000
Q. Would you pose naked in a magazine for $250,000?
sure, if anyone would pay
Q. Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000?
Q. Would you, without fear of punishment, take a human life for $1,000,000?
Q: What is in your left pocket?
nothing – in the right there’s keys
Q: Is Napoleon Dynamite actually a good movie?
never saw it
Q: Do you have hardwood or carpet in your house?
Q: Do you sit or stand in the shower?
well, unless I’m shaving my legs
Q: How many pairs of flip flops do you own?
2 – CVS specials
Q: Last person who texted you?
Q: Last person who called you?
Q: Person you hugged?
orange. or pink
Q: Missing someone?
Q: Listening to?
Q: Worrying about?
no much at the moment
cords, ladybug shirt, sweater, stripey socks
Q: First place you went this morning?
the front door to let the cats out
Q: What can you not wait to do?
get knocked up
Q: Do you smile often?
Q: Are you a friendly person?
I hope so
And for lunch…….
Leftover psuedo-Indian from last night; basmati rice, lentils (pretend dahl), kale and cucumber raita.
It was a long day but I have convinced myself that I cannot go to bed until dark (I think I’ve got about 30 minutes). The licensing woman came to school today, to be sure we are doing all the million and one things the state thinks we should be doing to ensure the safety of the children in our care. We tend to do fine, but inspections are just not really fun. And then, as it is Tuesday, T and her fam came over and we went to the diner and now I am full of carbs. And ready for bed.
Continue with the lunch logging and meme yourself if you wish.
She spent a great deal of time that afternoon in the back room, bent over, transferring paper from its box into the recycling bin. There were handfuls of junk mail, crushed cereal boxes, torn up offers of money from various credit card companies, all destined for a new life as toilet paper or some other useful product. Then in went the newspapers, on top of the crumpled balls of tinfoil and empty can of tomatoes. The cat whining at the door skidded out at the same time she did, recycling bin pushing open the broken storm door. The sun outside was bright still and one of the neighbors was running a lawnmower. After dropping the bin by the street with a grunt, she turned to walk back up the driveway to get the trash. And noticed a condom, unfurled in all its faded glory, on the sidewalk.
If your life were to be novelized, starting last night, how would the opening paragraph(s) read? Brand Spanking New Meme. From Chicory, Queen of the New Jobness. I tag you, LB, and you, Chips and you, I.D.A. And that’s all. Unless you want to write a novel in the comments, of course.
(As an aside, I am on more prometrium than I have ever been on in my life and, lord, my boobs. Whew. Note we are just ignoring this ttw.)
From the Crazytown kids. The KP called for answers in the comments, but I’ll run with it and make a meme anytime I can.
What’s On Your Nightstand?
Rules, rules, rules: post what you’ve got on the table (chair, nightstand, whatever) beside your bed. Leave nothing out. Nothing. Heh. Link back to the kind person who tagged you and then tag 3 other folks. Really tag them – none of this “whoever hasn’t done this meme yet” tagging.
*clock radio from Roses
*Burt’s Bees foot creme sample tube
*Badger Sleep Balm, aka The Sleepy Beave (don’t ask)
*small lamp from the SPCA rummage sale circa 1995 with pink shade from Roses
*Burt’s Bees Milk and Honey sample bottle
*tiny pink claw clip that some kid put on my shirt at school
*orange sticker from Toys in Babeland, not yet stuck anywhere
*tie-tie, black (for my *hair* y’all, my hair)
*star charm from a necklace that was a gift for my 30th birthday
*votive candle, Newberry Holly scented, as yet unburned, but very dusty
*capped plastic test tube, empty (I already tossed the syringes and the catheter)
*handful of earrings I had to take out for surgery and have yet to put back in
*small Buddha statue, the Chinese style – tall and skinny with flowing robes – from my mama
*fancy paper clip with 90º corners instead of round bend-y ends
*dust and cat fur
What? No books? Nope, I keep the books in bed with me.
I tag….. ummmm…
The Injector who is tagged first to ensure that she’ll play along
Cali, of course – tagged with love
Mrs. B in hopes that she’ll send me some tiny art in the mail as a thank you for tagging her (subtle, no?)
J, who will forgive me for praying that she’ll say there are car racing magazines on her nightstand.
Oops. That’s 4. Oh, well.
ETA – comment away if you don’t *ahem* have a blog (*cough* Hard Girl*cough*)
Oh, boy! Tagged! By Chips! Woo! And Hoo! And more exclamation points!
Everything You Wanted to Know About Me But Were Afraid To Ask:
(ok, not everything, just 6 things)
1. I have wanted for the past decade or so, to change jobs to be something like a mail carrier. Or a taxi driver.
2. I love cheetos. Love. Them.
3. Also, I love chickens. I’d get a few to have here at my house but one of my cats is a menace and I can’t in good conscience bring small fuzzy chicks into my home. They would quickly become a tasty meal for Fifi. This is unacceptable as it would not allow them to lay eggs to be a tasty meal for me.
4. I have not had my hair cut in a salon/barber/beauty shop in something like 6 or 7 years. It’s all been done like this every 3rd or 4th summer, then it grows out long and I do it again.
5. It is harder for me to think of 6 things about myself than I thought it would be.
6. My earlobes are not the same. One looks regular and the other has a little extra bit of lobe. My grandma and my cousin are the same. Some people notice it right away, some people take years to notice.
Bonus Extra Credit Thing You Wanted To Know Because #5 Didn’t Really Count – I love trashy novel. All sorts – from the cheesey ones in the supermarket to the old school Naiad romances.
My Mother Said To Pick The Very Best Ones And You Are It:
The Injector – who will likely not play, but still
Vee & Jay -to occupy them during the 2ww (yes, that’s both, so 2 posts, please )
Gold Star – to return the favor
Gypsygrrl – so I will remember to add her to my blogroll
1) Link to the person that tagged you. (that would be me)
2) Post the rules on your blog. (rules!)
3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. (hmmm….)
4) Tag at least three people at the end of your post and link to their blogs. (yikes – who to tag?)
5) Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. (this is the part I might forget)
6) Let the fun begin! (memes – cheesey but so fun!)
I got tagged for a meme! By Gold Star! We both have “star” in our fake names! Oh, boy!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
egg nog – from my aunt Jesse’s recipe
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
both ways, Santa goes both ways
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
white on the tree, none on the house this year because I’m slack
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
when I can get it – last year’s is still up
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child.
ummmm…… all of them? Except the one when I was 5 and puking.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
from my ever-truthful mama; this is a total lie, she’d still be playing along if she could – really I learned the truth about Santa from a Laura Ingalls Wilder book
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas eve?
when I was a kid, we’d do one and only one on Christmas Eve, but now I open all my teacher gifts then
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
with a lot of commentary from Sophie
11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
love, love, love
12. Can you ice skate?
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
14. What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
time off from work! Woo and Hoo! (And my friends, and my families.) And time off from work!
15. What is your favorite Holiday dessert?
popcorms! And hot toddies! And eggnog!
16. What is your favorite Holiday tradition?
folks coming to visit and having popcorms and hot toddies and egg nog with me, and making fun of Jesus, and looking at lights with Sophie, and having more folks over for Commonwealth Special Christmas Morning
17. What tops your tree?
a dove – peace, yo
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
what was the question?
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
So, for reals, I got a virtual copy of this meme from Sophie, my pretend child, by way of email just a few days ago. It was full of “r” instead of “are” and shit like that. Ah, pre-adolescence…..
‘Kay, y’all. My computer is not playing nice with the internets here in Seattle, although all other things are good, so I’ll post as I can.
Merry Everything, y’all
C**** likes to mash people to nothingness while playing hockey
C**** likes to read, play sports, watch baseball, …
C**** likes to be needed, as well as …
C**** likes to play “old” music, and I have learned to enjoy the music he plays. .
C**** likes to stay busy. At Santiam Christian, she was a stalwart catcher on the softball team, a regular …
From Good Search, not Goo.gle.
Why are all of these about sports? And staying busy? It’s like the anti-me. Weird.
I tag all of you, and yes, that means you.
Put “likes to” with your name tacked on the front into your fave search engine and post what you like to do. Or don’t like to do, as was the case for me.