Posted: May 30, 2009
- school’s done
- the yard is trashy, but there is a whole pig (yes: Whole. Pig.) smoking in the drive way, which adds to the trashyness in a way that makes trashy into Trashy.
- the neighbors are on chicken duty for the weekend, and Whole Pig duty. They win
- Also winners – KG and her fab fiancee, who are in town for A Wedding
- Music last night, and Wednesday, with Jim Waive. Everybody wins!
- New dress for aforementioned wedding (and forty-eleven other weddings to come) bought with gift card from LB. Said new dress allows me to loan other dress to said LB for yet another wedding
- nice times with The New Girl
- market this am with good old JG
- Junior cat is mat-free
- chickens can be outside almost all the time
- did I mention the Whole Pig in the driveway?
Posted: May 24, 2009
(just so we know this is not a blog only about my peeps)
In no particular order:
- there are one and one half days of school left. Thank fucking god. I don’t blog about work, but this year has sucked.
- the peeps spend most days outside, which is great, because they are messy as shit. For real. But I heart them.
- no camp for me this summer (teaching, that is). I have a fab new babysitting charge – let’s call her….. ah, something. I’ll come up with something.
- ttc shit is totally overwhelming and hence paralyzing. What to do next? Can’t think about it, can’t decide, can’t deal. Woo!
- recent fab visit from my white grandma involving tea at my house – twice! Woo for real!
- general blah > general not blah. This bites.
- j says I’m not blogging enough. Who am I to argue with her?
- the kitten, who were once so tiny, are now 1 and very big. I also heart them. The boy one likes to lay around “guarding” the peeps when they are outside.
- The New Girl is being…. well, herself. We’ll see how all that goes, as I can’t really be much of anything but myself, and those mesh less than well recently (see #6 above).
- house and yard are, as per usual, more work than I want to deal with. Lame. Dirty and untidy do nothing to make me feel good, and yet they are so hard to send packing.
- I have a new doula client, which causes me to remember that I really, really like birth work.
- LB is very good at keeping up with folks, for which I am grateful.
- my csa started and the neighbors are going to roast a whole pig in my driveway.
What’s new with you?
Posted: May 12, 2009