Oh, camp… I can’t even remember what day it is….
Oh, yeah, day 8. Teaching. Um, well. That’s what I do. For work, that is. And also because I generally love it – the money’s not good enough to make anyone stick around; you have to love it at least a little bit. Or, if you’re me, you also stick around because you have no other marketable skills. My kids are two, and don’t yet read (although they are great a picking their noses), so blogs mean very little to them.
Shall we play catch up? We shall.
Day 7. I don’t think I have a favorite for any meal – weird, considering I also had no guilty pleasures. Wow, do I love food blogs, though. And, yes, I would totally write one if I had enough motivation to do anything at all. Note my tumblr, which is all about lunch and hasn’t been updated in forever, and the last post wasn’t even my lunch. Maybe I should get back on that… or you could! You, too, could half-ass-ed-ly fulfill your food blogger fantasies and log your lunch!
Day 6. I never try new things because I hate new things. For real.
Day 5. Ummm…. I don’t know what I like best to do on my birthday. (See why I need to be kicked out of camp – can’t answer the damn questions.) Usually, LB and I have a party of sorts, because our birthdays are so close together.
Day 4. Being an adult surprises the shit out of me daily. What is this leaky pipe and why do I have to deal with it? Where did these bills come from? And who are all these damn cats and to whom do they belong?! I think the world of blogging has taught me about generosity. How to have it and how to be on the receiving end of it. Thanks for that lesson, Cali. For real.
Or, Sunday To Do:
Oh, fuck it. Let’s make a list.
- laundry the first (Oh, laundry, how do I love you?)
- start sponge for bread (Got late start, so there really is no time for the no-knead stuff – it’s back to my old bread bff, Tassajara. I do love you though, Mark Bittman, I really do.)
- mop the kitchen (Blah. Mopping, I dislike you as much as I love laundry.)
- work self into a snit over current events/sexism/state of the yard.
- eat something (Note to self: recent bad habit of 2 cups of coffee before breakfast = not good.)
- anticipate visit from the kids from the Valley (!)
- mirate very clean stove and oven, don’t think about how long cleaning said stove and oven took, don’t notice spots that will never be really clean because the fucker is at least 60 years old if not 70.
- laundry the second (*sigh* laundry….*sigh*)
- get sidetracked talking to LB
Ok, so the real fun is over on my lunch blog. Really, y’all. If you’re not logging your lunch, you’re missing out. Highlights include serious panda bento boxes, repetitive but delicious beans on toast, food fights between prominent London lawyers and peanut butter crackers stolen from small children. Ok, just kidding on that last one. And the one before that. But really. Go log your lunch.
Remember how, really, the best and most fun part of my blog was when you’d log your lunch? Now you can do it as a post on my new, lunch-oriented tumblr. Look at the feed on the right.
Now go log your lunch. Pictures, please.
Me: leftover fish of unknown origin (dinner from my folks’ last night), with boiled rice, which is not inferior to anything, sauteed peppers, onions and other shit. With very salty and delicious sauce. One child asked, “but what’s inside the fish?” Um… fish?
Girl Neighbor: nachos from new burrito place downtown. “Stick with burritos,” she says. Just F y’all’s I. (Also, I think new burrito place may be new only to me.)
See my friends? Over there, in the sidebar! Aren’t they cute? You, too, can send them money! Whee!
How about you log your lunch, too. Becuase I miss your lunches. I had left-over macaroni and cheese. So did CHO-girl. Hers was better. Poor me. Luckily, we both had coffee!
My internet is working! Whee! Hence, I had a perfect skype date with the Girl Scouter, which was better than therapy, and I got to read real, live blogs! Which let me in on the secret that I was tagged for a meme! I’m still junior-high enough that being tagged makes me all squeal-y and full of exclamation points! EEEEEE! They like me! And by they, I mean the queen of the two-for-one deal, Bionic. Go on ahead with your bad self, babe – log your lunch for me. You know I love it.
Ok, ok. I haven’t done a meme in a while. Hell, I haven’t blogged in a while. Do y’all even read any more? So let me put the rules up first, because I heart rules. Ooo! Ima put them in a list – what’s better than a list *and* rules? Nothing, that’s what.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Copy the award and paste it to your blog.
- Tell us 7 interesting facts about yourself.
- Nominate 7 bloggers that you love and link to their blog.
Now, to think of seven moderately interesting things… umm…..hang on, I’m thinking. Shoot. This shit is hard. Ok, here we go.
- My internet connection prowess is for shit. This is not even remotely interesting, let alone moderately, but I am telling you anyway because it makes me crazy. For example, while I was typing that last sentence, it went out. And now is back on again. Save early, save often, as my father says. And it’s out again. Lord.
- I buy two different kinds of cat food – fancy, local organic full-of-meat kind and generic, mass produced, full-of-filler kind – and then I mix them. But will I feed my cats canned food? No. Too much trouble. Do I feel stupid and guilty about this? Yes.
- Above my bed, thumb-tacked over a handwritten copy of Emily Dickenson’s poem about hope, is a copy of the u/s picture from when I was pregnant. It’s not a picture of a baby to me, but I just can’t take it down.
- I still do not fully understand how to make use of WordPress and it’s media options. Also, I do not have a working camera. I miss having lots of pictures on my blog.
- My chickens are producing 3 or 4 eggs a day. And a lot of poo.
- I have a great deal of follistim in my fridge. Because the IVP is full of kind and generous people, some of whom do not have blogs (ahem, Lizzie). To whom I think I still owe some shipping money.
- I love my job. I don’t blog about it when it’s bad, so there’s no way for y’all internet peopleto know just how mother-fucking bad it was last year. Now now that’s it good, I’ll run on a little. My job is so great. So, so great. My kids are great, my assistant and my intern are great, my families are great, my classroom is beautiful…. on and on and on. It’s so great. And I’m on vacation this week. Heh.
Yikes, now I have to pick seven bloggers…. all without a fucking internet connection. Why, internet? Why? Why do you hate me? Why must you keep me from my internet peeps? Why?
Ok, I’ll just make this next list (3 lists in one post!) Full O’ Links later. When the internet starts cooperating. I love speaking of the internet as if it were a real thing.
If you are on this list, you must participate. Even if you rarely, hardly ever, really not even ever blog anymore. Ahem. Yes, I mean you.
- Tay at feyac blurk, who is also T of Tuesday Fame around here. Because you need to see her photography.
- Car Free With Kids. Because they are living my fantasy life. In which I not only give up my car, but I also know how to ride a bike. And in which I have kids.
- It’s taken me this long, but I finally got with the program and figured out where to find the best dressed blogger in town. (Now, let’s hope she talks about cars, too.)
- My dear and equally well dressed friend A. Because she and the Sartorial Butch should be friends.
- Chicory. Because we love her. That’s the royal we, y’all. And because she’s good at noticing what’s good in her world as we all should be.
- I think she doesn’t blog anymore, but I am still crushed out: Wake Up Naked.
- And of course, LB. It’s not a life without her.
Good lord. I need to update my blog roll.
Turkey and Swiss on wheat with sugar free grape jam and wasabi mayo.
Best pot pie ever.
Sad to say, neither of these was my lunch today. I had and apple, some free cheese, left over rice plain rice cakes and – mmmm – coffee.
I do love y’all for logging your lunches. I really, really do.
PS. Anyone want to take over blogging for me when it involves pictures? WordPress kicks my ass.