sort of an award, more of a memePosted: August 24, 2008
Crap. The fine, fine ladies over at Reproducing Genius nominated me for an award (They like me! They think I’m funny! I’d have a beer with them, too!) and I am just now getting it together to follow up with my own.
But see my award?
So god damn late, as per usual. Welcome to Starrhill, where there is no time. Maybe crap was the wrong way to start this post….
Anyway. I’ve now waited so long to do this, many of the people I love have been nominated already. Crap. (Good lord, I said it again. What’s with the potty mouth these days?)
Let’s do my local girls first, ‘kay?
- cho-girl, natch, although she hasn’t posted all summer long. Ahem.
- Elsie, of Dianthus, because she can get more done in the pre-noon hours than anyone else in the whole world.
- the Crazytown kids, because honestly I don’t think anyone loves Virginia as much as LB and I.
- Wistar, who is a) funny and b) a famous blogger. Yes, I know her and yes, you can touch me.
And some internet folks:
- Bri at Unwellness, because she was my blog cherry and because every time she comments here I get all squeal-y, like a kid in a candy shop. Plus, fucking cute kid.
- the injector, who is honestly one of my heroes. Honestly. Be radical and kind like she is and we’ll all be winners. Do it. (And she has sunglasses just like me! We are twins!)
- Qweird Utah. Funny as shit. And she knows Chicory IRL, so I want to touch her. Not inappropriately. I swear!
Oneofhismoms was right, this is totally a meme and I’ve fucked it up by nominating folks who are amazingly unlikely to nominate anyone else (which is what they are supposed to do). But hey, I love them anyway. And you will, too. I swear.