You’ll remember my love/hate relationship with cars. I really intend to not drive much at all in the summer, but this summer has somehow been all about Teh Time In Teh Car. Bah. So now that summer is almost over (insert weeping and gnashing of teeth), I got it together to coordinate picking up Sophie from her camp bus with getting all 3 of us back downtown for dinner at the diner. Traffic this summer has been from hell, but it all looks different from the bus.
A photo essay of my small auxiliary red head’s first local bus ride, plus bonus shot from the diner.
You’ll note there are no mf captions because wordpress hates me.
What do y’all think of the new WordPress digs? Nice? I am still acclimating. Maybe some whiskey will help…..
Well, look at that. It does!
Anyway. Where have I been? Why the move, from me, the queen of Not Moving? What the fuck is going on in Starrhill? What did you eat for lunch today? So many questions, so few hours in the day…… Let’s have a loosely organized totally unorganized list. Woo!
- numbers are fun – let’s use a numbered list
- Where have I been? I’ve been home and away – home, then Los Angeles, then home. Here I am at home. Whew. Home is good.
- Oh, you meant, why the lack of blog post? General shit. Busy and conflicted about blogging and somewhat frantic/anxious and all that sort of crap. Plus all the shit going on in Starrhill. See below.
- Why did I go to LA? Because big chunks of my family are there. The white side and the Mexican side. My grandma turned 90. All my cousins were there. I cruised around Montebello in my uncle’s pick-up with my best cousin, listening to Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young with my feet on the dash. We visited my grandpa’s grave and shared the pull-out couch like always. I ate chorizo for breakfast almost every morning. I sat on my southern grandma’s balcony and had a pre-dinner scotch. I stayed 2 days too long. I am not such a fan of LA, but my family is fab.
- I hate moving, so why the move? Because Chicory said once that anyone who really loves her would switch to WordPress. And I *really* love her. Really. There may be some sort of learning along the way, so hold on to your hats, y’al.
And for the finale – another list! Woo and hoo! 2 in one post!
What the fuck is going on in Starrhill?
- pet drama: 2 sick cats then one dead cat. My little black cat died earlier this week. Yes, the one who had the lovely week of luxury at Spa CHO; the one who’d been so sick earlier. Poor tiny girl. There were multiple trips to the vet and multiple medications and daily sub-q fluids (I’m a pro now). And there was the slow slipping away. She couldn’t walk at the end, but she’d pull together all her strength to cry when I left the room, or to climb onto my leg if I sat down by her. So I brought her up to my bed that last night and realized around 4 that she’d stopped breathing. She just slipped away.
- pet drama II: the other sick cat is sick. But still feisty. She’s got some sort of dental abcess and the (stranger) vet was all x-ray this and dental surgery that and I was all ahhhh – I’ve got a dying cat at home and *this* cat will be getting antibiotics and then she will be getting well, thank you very much. And she is. Getting well, I mean. Thank you very much.
- car drama: woo! my current car is running poorly. As in, it would die after I’d start it up, when I was out and about in last week’s heat wave. Currently, it is resting. Next week, we reevaluate our relationship and come to terms with how we’ll deal with further issues that involve a fucking lack of fucking getting me and small children where we fucking need to go so we can take our fucking naps.
- and yes, the heat. Fuck me. It was around 60º in LA and I came back to August in Virginia. I love summer, y’all. I even love hot. But there was no prep, no buildup, just heat. It was 88º inside my house on Tuesday. Inside. With the curtains drawn and the fans on.
- CLAW 5. Great. As you might imagine.
- home improvement! Woo and Hoo! I’m going to move the washing machine out of the kitchen and I’m going to buy a dryer. From my boss for fifty dollars. I haven’t had a dryer since….ummm sometime in the mid-90’s. I do heart my clothesline, though. Said home improvement is dirtier and more unsettling than I imagined it to be.
- work – i’m not teaching this summer (shhh….. woo and hoo), but I do have a new small, auxiliary red-head to watch in the afternoons in addition to Sophie, my pretend child. There is napping involved. Yay napping!
Ok, ok, I know the IVP in you is dying for updates. After a crazy time scheduling a wanding today (isn’t this shit supposed to be easier if I’m *not* teaching?) I rolled in to the RE’s at 3:30. And saw some confusing shit. Nothing on the right. Nothing after 5 days of femara. And on the left? One or two follicles. If it’s 2 (and let’s hope for 2) they are lying as close together as white on rice, so close it is damn near impossible to tell if they really are 2, but let’s hope that they are. Because if they are 1, then that one is fucking huge for CD 10, which is where we are now (we being me), so huge as to be Ready To Go, ready to ovulate tomorrow or Sunday. And we all know that Fed Ex don’t play like that. There will be no sperm shipment from the West until Tuesday. So let’s just assume there are 2 and that they grow slowly. Slow. Ly. Because even if they are 2 (and let’s just say they are), they are already 16mm and I can push those fuckers along fast when I want to, or so says my RE (well, he doesn’t say fuckers, but you get the idea). I’d be grateful for some IVP mojo right about now.
And lunch? Grains and greens. Mustard greens and yellow chard with quinoa (regular and red) and amaranth. And salad with fancy green goddess dressing made by good old IB (queen of gimlets and the back deck, you’ll remember).
Log your lunch, y’all, we’re back in business.
It’s been a crap day. How about some pictures?
The highlight of the otherwise crap day was remembering that I drove the t-bird to work (thanks, Dad). This one’s for J.
Here’s the new dye job, compliments of cho-girl. You can see my funny ear in this picture.
I sure am glad y’all are around. Let’s all have a better day tomorrow, shall we?