dispatches from the NorthPosted: May 30, 2010
My soon to be mother-in-not-law has flown me up to the north for a visit. I was all freaked out about somebody paying for my travel (oh, let’s be honest, I get freaked out by anyone paying for anything), but I got lectured by several people about smiling and saying thank you when one is offered something. So. Here I am.
Since arriving, I have :
- eaten Korean food about a million times
- sat on the screened porch and had delicious scotch from the gf’s uncle who died, which made me think fondly of my uncle who died.
- watched a movie with the gf’s brother
- slept in and then had coffee in bed
- ate more Korean food!
- watched the gf try on and look great in a million fancy shirts from her aforementioned uncle
- prepped for a trip the the beach. Yes, you read that right, I’m going to the beach. Woo!