crapPosted: July 1, 2008
Damn, it’s the first day of July and I near about failed at my already half-assed attempt at NaBloPoMo. The theme for this month is food and I love some food, so I figured I’d go for it. Maybe some nice folks will keep me company?
So for today’s instalment, I’ll list for your pleasure things I need to make:
- sauerkraut – the ammount of cabbage coming from the farm borders on obscene
- salsa – I’m out and while there’s no tomatoes yet, I’ve got tomatillos, garlic, cliantro and red onion from the market
- chile verde – see above about the tomatillos and also take note of the poblanos bought just for this purpose.
- cottage cheese
- yogurt – I’m out
- preserved lemons – still a mess of lemons floating around from my aunt’s tree in LA
In other food news – no milk this week. I guess the cows take a break for the 4th of July.
Possible highlights for food blogging in July (yay a list!):
- the Amish Friendship bread from the neighbors – how do I make it less sweet and who wants some of the starter?
- photo-illustrated recipes by request
- umm…. other things….